[alsa-devel] ALSA release cycle

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Fri Sep 7 13:38:12 CEST 2012

Hi,

At Plumber's we discussed the ALSA release cycle. Our releases recently
have been irregular, and the reasoning behind why a release was done at
that time, has not been very obvious.

IIRC, we kind of leaned towards releasing every six months. I don't
remember if there was any consensus about whether to try to align this
cycle to something else (e g Gnome, KDE, Fedora, Ubuntu, etc), or not.

We also said that we should discuss this on the mailinglist as the ALSA
release manager (Jaroslav Kysela) was not present during Plumber's. So
this effectively is a mail to kick off that discussion. Any opinions?

Also, as a side note (or perhaps proof of the problem!), it seems ALSA
1.0.26 was just released without even a notification on this mailinglist...?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic