[alsa-devel] Question about rawmidi USB Tx buffer size

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Fri Oct 12 23:58:58 CEST 2012

Simple question: how big is it?

ALSA provides snd_rawmidi_status for reading the status structure from a
rawmidi handle, and snd_rawmidi_status_get_avail to extract the number of
bytes in the ring buffer from that structure, but what I want to know is how
many bytes of space are available in the ring buffer, so that I know how
many bytes I can write without blocking. Is the buffer size a fixed number
for any particular driver? The only driver I'm concerned with is the USB
MIDI driver, so that shouldn't be hardware dependent.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com