[alsa-devel] Support request for codec WM8731 porting

Daniel Mack zonque at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 18:17:28 CET 2012

On 30.11.2012 17:41, Cyril GERMAINE wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I work on a board based from DM365EVM baseboard, but with the WM8731
> codec instead of the TLV320AIC3x.
> I tried with several linux kernels (one is the 3.6.6 release). Now the
> playback works but not the capture, and I'm not able to debug this
> issue. I have many "0" frames in the captured data, although data and
> rate on I2S bus is OK.

Do you see the audio gaps in I2S as well? This is the first thing to
investigate on, because if they aren't, your problem is unrelated to the
Codec.

What are the differences between your board and the DM365EVM regarding
the SoC and the clocks ratios? Does the DM365EVM work with 3.6.6? How do
your board support files and ASoC machine driver differ?

Too many open questions here that need to be addressed.

Daniel