[alsa-devel] [FT C400, PATCH RFC, v4 00/10] M-Audio Fast Track C400

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Nov 29 08:53:54 CET 2012

At Wed, 28 Nov 2012 23:55:31 +0100,
Eldad Zack wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The following patches adds support for the M-Audio Fast Track C400.
> This is version 4 of the patch series.
>
> * Incoroprated the feedback from Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de>:
> Moved the quirks structure to the right place (also in other places, though
> not strictly required) and removed the "set quirks" log messages.
> Thanks, Clemens!
>
> * Added a patch to address the regression introduced by commit
> 947d299686aa9cc8aecf749d54e8475c6e498956 , "ALSA: snd-usb: properly initialize
> the sync endpoint". I believe there are no other devices that affected by this
> issue. Opening only the playback stream without first opening the capture
> stream now works with the C400.

Thanks.  I applied all patches except for the new one (2/10 usb-audio:
correct sync ep init).  This patch needs a bit more care, as it
seems.

I know it must be fixed for FT C400 but the fix itself is independent
from others, so I merged others first to the rest work easier.

(snip)
> * To deal with the mixer channel IDs, limited by cmask bit length,
> I introduced an offset value. This allows to get rid of the shorehorning
> of the IDs into cmask and device-referencing in the low-level functions.
> Is this a good approach?

Looks good enough to me.  It has a minimum impact, so safe to apply.