[alsa-devel] Underrun on Jade controller...

Sandulescu Bogdan bogdan.sandulescu at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 23 13:54:22 CET 2012

> On 23.11.2012 11:35, Sandulescu Bogdan wrote:
> >
> > Daniel Mack <zonque <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >>
> >> Without providing any code, I guess nobody on this list will be able to
> >> help you.
> >>
> >> Daniel
> >>

> > OK. Here is the essential part of my code - settings and write to ALSA:
>
> It's not about the userspace code in the first place but the kernel part.
>
> I guess you are based on a BSP kernel that the vendor of the
> chip/module/board you are using provides. For whatever reason, this
> vendor has decided to not push its code to the mainline kernel but keep
> changes in a private repository.
>
> While this is a common approach, your vendor is the only instance in the
> game that is in charge of supporting you here. The community can't, as
> the code has not been shared for discussion and integration in mainline.
>
> Daniel

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your answer. Initially I thought I should share my app, as every information I got regarding underruns was that the application is not feeding data fast enough - hence I thought it was my application's fault.

Considering your precise answer, I will try to get support directly from the module vendor.

Yours,
    Bogdan