[alsa-devel] HDA codec in embedded device

Thierry Reding thierry.reding at avionic-design.de
Thu May 31 08:13:02 CEST 2012

Hi,

I work on an Atom-based platform that uses a Realtek ALC892 codec connected
via HDA. The current code in patch_realtek.c seems to assume a standard
desktop setup and maps the ports accordingly. The setup that I have is
entirely different and involves, among other things, to reconfigure some of
the ports typically used as outputs as inputs and vice versa. It'll also need
to provide a way to pass through some inputs on the outputs without going
through the DAC.

All of these features are supported by the ALC982, but I don't see how this
could be implemented with the current driver. My question is how this could
possibly be solved in a way acceptable for mainline?

Thierry