[alsa-devel] snd-usb endpoint rework

Aurélien Leblond blablack at gmail.com
Sun May 20 16:13:25 CEST 2012

> Hello everyone,
>
> I compiled today the Kernel 3.4.0-rc7 from the git and used this git
> to add the FTU support:
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git
>
> Unfortunately, all my USB sound card simply stopped working.
>
> The FTU doesn't produce any sound, nor through Alsa or Jack.
> I tried playing a simple song through mplayer and nothing. I double
> checked the mixer, all volumes are set as they should.
> I checked dmesg, no error that could help.
> I'm running Ubuntu, and the only thing I can hear is the welcoming
> sound of ubuntu being cut-off almost instantly.
>
> I tested my Edirol UA-25Ex, it is working all ok.

Correction, the UA-25Ex doesn't work either.
The sound dies out after a few minutes being used.

When the sound dies out, dmesg prints:

[  550.114621] urb status -32
[  551.601237] urb status -32
[  551.681206] urb status -32
[  553.563336] urb status -32
[  565.588044] urb status -32
[  566.786965] urb status -32
[  625.130221] cannot submit urb 0, error -28: not enough bandwidth

If there is any other info I can provide, let me know,

Aurélien