[alsa-devel] Getting alsa on Caanoo

Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] marc.nostromo at gmail.com
Fri May 11 11:16:38 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to get alsa to work on an open source korean game console called
the caanoo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAANOO

It's open source and pretty cheap with respect to the horse power it
delivers, so using it as base for an embedded synth / sequencer makes a lot
of sense to me.
I've successfully compiled and loaded the modules for audio & midi support
but I'm still stuck with the last step so I wondered if I could get any
help over here, I hope it's the right place to ask.

Right now, when I connect a midi device through USB, I get the following
console message

root at wiz:/mnt/sd/ko_s# dmesg
> usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using UBI9032 Test HCD and address 2
> usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> MIDIStreaming version 01.00
> EP 82: 1 jack(s)
> EP 02: 1 jack(s)
> created 1 output and 1 input ports

And querying /proc/asound gives me

root at wiz:/mnt/sd/ko_s# cat /proc/asound/*
> 0 [nanoKONTROL    ]: USB-Audio – nanoKONTROL
> KORG INC. nanoKONTROL at usb-ubisys-usb-1, full speed
> 0: [ 0]   : control
> 1:        : sequencer
> 8: [ 0- 0]: raw midi
> 33:        : timer 0 snd_usb_audio
> G0: system timer : 10000.000us (10000000 ticks)
> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.15 (Tue Nov 20
> 19:16:42 2007 UTC).

So I'm thinking I'm on the right track.

But I don't see anything in /dev to connect to so I can't really do
anything with my device.