[alsa-devel] Getting alsa on Caanoo

Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] marc.nostromo at gmail.com
Fri May 11 11:16:38 CEST 2012

I'm trying to get alsa to work on an open source korean game console called
the caanoo

It's open source and pretty cheap with respect to the horse power it
delivers, so using it as base for an embedded synth / sequencer makes a lot
of sense to me.
I've successfully compiled and loaded the modules for audio & midi support
but I'm still stuck with the last step so I wondered if I could get any
help over here, I hope it's the right place to ask.

Right now, when I connect a midi device through USB, I get the following
console message

root at wiz:/mnt/sd/ko_s# dmesg
> usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using UBI9032 Test HCD and address 2
> usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> MIDIStreaming version 01.00
> EP 82: 1 jack(s)
> EP 02: 1 jack(s)
> created 1 output and 1 input ports

And querying /proc/asound gives me

root at wiz:/mnt/sd/ko_s# cat /proc/asound/*
> 0 [nanoKONTROL    ]: USB-Audio – nanoKONTROL
> KORG INC. nanoKONTROL at usb-ubisys-usb-1, full speed
> 0: [ 0]   : control
> 1:        : sequencer
> 8: [ 0- 0]: raw midi
> 33:        : timer 0 snd_usb_audio
> G0: system timer : 10000.000us (10000000 ticks)
> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.15 (Tue Nov 20
> 19:16:42 2007 UTC).

So I'm thinking I'm on the right track.

But I don't see anything in /dev to connect to so I can't really do
anything with my device.