[alsa-devel] M-Audio FastTrack C400

Felix Homann linuxaudio at showlabor.de
Wed May 9 10:33:57 CEST 2012

Hi again,

2012/5/9 Chris Cavey <chris-alsa at rauros.net>:
> I do not get that message anymore.

That's good.

Could you please send me the contents of your
/proc/asound/[YOUR_DEVICE]/usbmixer.

BTW, you could try to experiment a bit with volume quirks: See,
mixer.c  search for 2081 to see how it's done for some of the FTU
controls. The volume controls for the FTU are reported in usbmixer to
range from -32768 to 0.

> Fixing the "return 0" back to "break" results in the device not even
> registering, back to the -5 error from the beginning of this thread.

OK, it was just a blind guess as I said.

> I really just want to find a single device, USB or Firewire (or
> PCIE), which works flawlessly in both Windows and Linux. Instrument/Mic
> input as well as independent balanced out and headphones.
>
> Any thoughts on this?

I was just joking when I mentioned the MOTUs and RMEs ;-) I would
certainly enjoy getting a MOTU Ultralite mk3 hybrid or a RME Babyface
to play around with and personally I will never buy a M-Audio device
again.

But while I'm quite confident that we can get the C400 working (might
take some time though) I don't know wether or not the MOTUs and RMEs
do behave in any way like  UAC1/2 devices at all. I haven't seen a
single report on them, yet.

Regards,
Felix