[alsa-devel] multiple, non-physically accesible, HDMI devices listed for Intel IbexPeak ALC269VB

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Mar 5 15:39:19 CET 2012

At Sun, 04 Mar 2012 03:43:20 +0100,
David Henningsson wrote:

> >> Let me also push for the hda-jack-retask [2] application, which is an
> >> easy-to-use GUI for creating these types of firmware files. I advertised it
> >> here a while ago [3] but it seems to have gone unnoticed.
> >
> > This sounds like a good tool for making this happen. I will submit a
> > Request For Package in Debian... but this can take time. Would you
> > consider packaging it there? then it would easily flow into Ubuntu.
>
> Certainly, if there is interest from the Debian side to have it.
>
> I would also not mind if it became a part of upstream ALSA, I think it
> would make a nice addition to the hda-analyzer, hda-verb etc tool set.

It could be indeed helpful to merge it to alsa-tools package.  Feel
free to submit the patches or a git pull request.

hda-analyzer is currently in alsa.git, not in alsa-tools.git, by some
reason.  I guess it'd be no big problem to move it to alsa-tools if
Jaroslav doesn't mind.

hda-verb can be certainly to be merged to alsa-tools.  I'll add it
later.

OTOH, hda-emu doesn't fit to alsa-tools.  It's a no program to be
provided in a pre-compiled form such as a distro package.

thanks,