[alsa-devel] usage of snd_seq_set_client_event_filter

Kaspar Bumke kaspar.bumke at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 21:41:42 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I was trying to use snd_seq_set_client_event_filter in my application but I
can't seem to get it to work correctly.

I have attached a small test program which can be compiled with "g++ -o
test test.cpp -lasound".  My alsa-lib is at 1.0.25. It should simple print
the note number for any noteOn events.

I was under the impression that the way I have used it only noteOn events
would get through but it seems that only the first noteOn event I send it
gets through. I have been sending events using VMPK.

If I remove snd_seq_set_client_event_filter everything seems to work
(except the events aren't filtered of course).

What am I doing wrong?

All the Best,

Kaspar