[alsa-devel] 3.5-rc6 doesn't run powerpc SoundByLayout

Elimar Riesebieter riesebie at lxtec.de
Sun Jul 8 10:21:57 CEST 2012

Hi all,

trying 3.5.0-rc6 doesn't give me sound from my snd_aoa_codec_onyx.
ii  libasound2:powerpc                      1.0.25-3
ii  libasound2-plugins:powerpc              1.0.25-2
ii  alsa-utils                              1.0.25-3

alsamixer tells: This sound device does not have any controls.

$ aplay -l

$ aplay -L
    PulseAudio Sound Server
    Default Audio Device

Kernel 3.4.4 runs just fine!

Does one had similar experience?

  Learned men are the cisterns of knowledge,
  not the fountainheads ;-)