[alsa-devel] Request for compilation test - v1.0.25

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Mon Jan 23 17:27:19 CET 2012

On 01/23/2012 12:11 PM, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 	I would like to ask for a package compilation test in your distribution
> for latest ALSA package snapshots available at:
>
> http://www.alsa-project.org/snapshot/

I have done a quick test compilation of these in the development version
of Ubuntu, 12.04. So far, I did not test installing them.

> 	At this time, these snapshots are available:
>
> alsa-driver 	1.0.24.110.g22743.2525.ge60f5

Compiles without problems.

> alsa-lib 	1.0.24.1.53.g98d4e

Compiles without problems.

> alsa-utils 	1.0.24.2.26.g7d33a

Fails at configure (probably just requires headers from the alsa-lib
snapshot)

http://paste.ubuntu.com/814406/

> alsa-firmware 	1.0.24.1.3.g3c38d

Compiles without problems.

> alsa-tools 	1.0.24.1.51.g234fa

Fails with:

configure.in:20: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_LD10K1

http://paste.ubuntu.com/814403/

Also, this package refuses to build in parallel (I'm running "make -j5").

> alsa-oss 	1.0.17.2.g1dfe1

Compiles without problems.

> alsa-plugins 	1.0.24.11.gb3fb5

Fails with:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `50-pulseaudio.conf', needed by
`all-am'.  Stop.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/814400/

> alsa-python 	1.0.24.2.g4c452

I'm not familiar with building python packages, but "python setup.py
build" seems to compile without problems.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic