[alsa-devel] Plumbers: Please split audio topics into separate sessions

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Aug 6 21:29:08 CEST 2012

At Mon, 06 Aug 2012 21:09:24 +0200,
David Henningsson wrote:

> Looking at:
>
> http://summit.linuxplumbersconf.org/lpc-2012/track/lpc2012-audio/
>
> 45 minutes is not enough to handle two topics:
>
> Audio uConf: HD-audio cooking && QA/Testing
> Audio uConf: Expose Routing && DSPs in ASoC
> Audio uConf: Time Alignment && PA on Android
>
> Please split these three sessions into six. It is better to have a
> little more time than necessary (even if I believe we easily fill 45
> minutes per topic), than having to skip a topic just because the other
> topic took more time than expected.

Well, as already announced, each topic was planned to be about 20
minutes, so I don't think we need to extend session time.
Skipping a topic can be avoided simply by looking at the clock, and
cut at 20 minutes.

Each topic isn't expected to be a big "show" at all.  We hope each the
topic leader shows a couple of slides at most to state the problem and
the possible solution, and then leads the discussions.  Plumbers is a
place to discuss the feature and the problem we are facing, not a
place to demonstrate the already existing solution.

Of course, it's possible to ask more slots, if you are sure that one
topic would need really 40 minutes discussions.

BTW, there is one more slot, planned for my topic for channel mapping
API.  This can be used also for the pending issues, for example.

thanks,