[alsa-devel] A debug version of the ALSA lib?

Olivier Guillion - Myriad olivier at myriad-online.com
Fri Sep 2 10:44:12 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Daniel Mack <zonque at gmail.com> wrote :
> > Thank you very much for your answer. Would you be kind enough to tell me how
> > to build this debug version? Is it possible through configure / make, or does
> > it need modifying the generated makefiles by hand?
>
> call
>
> $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-debug && make
>
> This should do the installation - depending on your prefix location,
> you might to run this as root:
>
> $ make install
>
> Then let your LD_LIBRARY_PATH point to your modified lib and read
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html for
> more information.

Thank you!

I tried it.
The --enable-debug switch doesn't seem to be recognized by "configure". It
writes :
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --enable-debug
at the beginning of the process.
(Alsa lib sources got from alsa-lib-1.0.24.1.tar.bz2, downloaded from ftp.alsa-
project.org/pub/lib/)

By examining configure, it seems that the option name is now
--enable-debug-assert (not listed as such in the --usage)

However, according to the documentation, this option seems to include asserts
calls to check the parameters, but does not compile the whole library with full
symbolic information. I couldn't get an ALSA lib with debug info this way.

> Or just use the binary Ubuntu packages and be done.

Sorry, but what does it mean?

Regards,

Olivier Guillion
Myriad
26 rue Michel de Montaigne
31200 Toulouse
FRANCE
http://www.myriad-online.com
Download here the latest version of our shareware programs, view the online
tutorials or get info about Myriad and its activities.