[alsa-devel] ASoC driver parts probing order (MPC5200/MPC5121)

Wolfram Sang w.sang at pengutronix.de
Thu Oct 20 14:13:03 CEST 2011

> I think I was not clear enough. I meant sound/soc/fsl/mpc5200_dma.c, not the
> actual Bestcom DMA driver.

Ah, okay, sorry misunderstood that.

> Btw, I am writing a DMA-less driver for the MPC5121e for now. It uses the PSC
> FIFO and FIFO alarm interrupts. DMA support could be added later, when de
> MPC5121 DMA driver becomes capable of doing device IO.

OK, seems sensible for a start. MPC5121 does not get much love, so small
steps are definately a good idea.

> > > 1.- I can't test it on a MPC5200B, so therefor I need help.
> >
> > I can do tests.
>
> If you could try out latest mainline, to see if the driver still works,
> that would be great for a start. I am almost certain it either doesn't work
> anymore, or you have a 50% chance it crashes while booting.

OK, I will leave for Prague in the next hours, so until I return, I can
do only remote testing. But I should see OOPSes this way nonetheless.
Might take a few days, though...

Regards,

   Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |