[alsa-devel] Regression post-ALSA 1.0.22 for Lenovo G555 Internal mic

Roo - Andrew Baines andrewmbaines at gmail.com
Mon May 23 19:07:09 CEST 2011

I have tried the latest snapshot, and placed "options snd-hda-intel
model=auto" in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

Still no sound into the mic, although sometimes when I open "PulseAudio
Volume Meter (Capture)" it now shows a lot of noise for about half a second
before nothing.

Also, I used to have to put "/usr/local/bin/hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 0x19
SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x40" in /etc/rc.local to turn on the headphone
socket at boot, but this happens by itself now. The problem is that the
daemon "pinsensed<http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9599525&postcount=152>"
I was using no longer mutes the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

I have attached the new alsa-info.sh output (I hope attachments are allowed
on the mailing list)

Thanks
Andrew