[alsa-devel] A plea for help on mixer support for Fast Track Ultra (8R)

Felix Homann linuxaudio at showlabor.de
Thu May 19 14:23:04 CEST 2011

Hi Daniel,

Am 19.05.2011 13:05, schrieb Daniel Mack:
> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Daniel Mack<zonque at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I'll have a look later. I was just under the impression you wanted to
>> try yourself :)
> Attached is a patch which should show how this could work. It won't be
> fully functional though, as there seems to be some sort of confusion
> in your patch.

Thanks! I don't have the device here with me right now. I can try the
patch in an hour or two !

> You're calling build_named_mixer_unit_ctl() with your
> loop variable "in_ch", but you ignore that value in the called
> function. That can't be intentional, can it?

No, this isn't intentional. I wrote this in September, so I don't
remember completely. But a glimpse at the code reveals that this is
inherited from build_mixer_unit_ctl() which doesn't use the in_pin
parameter either.

Back then I wanted both functions to be as closely related as possible,
with the perspective to put them on a common base or let
build_mixer_unit_ctl() actually call build_named_mixer_unit_ctl(). Most
probably I later confused the in_pin parameter's (non-)meaning.

> Anyway, very little tweaking should be needed now to make this work,
> and if you send me back the modified patch, I'll split the work and
> post a patch set here.

I'll send all the needed corrections.

Regards,

Felix