[alsa-devel] Has hdspmixer been dropped from alsa-tools?

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Thu May 12 09:40:48 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 05:57:21AM +0200, Lars Zobbe wrote:

> Hi.

Hi!

> Just upgraded to ubuntu 11.04 and went through the usual process with
> getting HDSP 9632 to work.
> Everything seems to be fine, modules loaded and stuff. But I can't find the
> hdspmixer.

Since when do we provide end-user support on a development mailinglist?

Go and file a bug report against alsa-tools-gui to include hdspmixer.

> Normally it's included in the alsa-tools and alsa-tools-gui packages. And
> actually the mixer GUI does get an entry in the menu. But there is no
> command for it to execute. It is supposed to run hdspmixer - but it's not
> there.

   http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/amd64/alsa-tools-gui/filelist

It's no longer there. OTOH, Debian has it, so it's clearly an Ubuntu
bug:

   http://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/alsa-tools-gui/filelist

Here, only

   http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-tools.git;a=summary