[alsa-devel] Has hdspmixer been dropped from alsa-tools?

Lars Zobbe fedesensfar at gmail.com
Thu May 12 05:57:21 CEST 2011

Hi.
Just upgraded to ubuntu 11.04 and went through the usual process with
getting HDSP 9632 to work.
Everything seems to be fine, modules loaded and stuff. But I can't find the
hdspmixer.
Normally it's included in the alsa-tools and alsa-tools-gui packages. And
actually the mixer GUI does get an entry in the menu. But there is no
command for it to execute. It is supposed to run hdspmixer - but it's not
there.
If I write "hdsp" and try to autocomplete with tab in the terminal, I can
now only se hdsploader and hdspconf (both seem to run just fine btw.).
Without the alsamixer I won't get any sound.

Is the error in the ubuntu natty packaging or did hdspmixer get lost?

Is there any way I can install the hdspmixer tool?

Would it break anything if I just snatched an old version fx from ubuntu
10.04 repositories (where it IS present)?

Some info:

00-00: RME Hammerfall HDSP 9632 : RME Hammerfall HDSP 9632 : playback 1 :
capt