[alsa-devel] git trees

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Thu Mar 31 23:39:17 CEST 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 06:03:41PM -0700, Steve Calfee wrote:

> Thanks for your time. I was already using linux-next - So that would be
> the correct tree when you say linux kernel?

Follow the generic process covered in Documentation/SubmittingPatches.

> If linux-next is the case how long do I have to wait until some of the
> latest asoc patches arrive? I thought that the alsa trees were somewhat
> ahead of the linux-next because they had asoc/alsa patches in them. For
> instance you have patches against both 2.6.39 and 2.6.40 somewhere and I
> don't think they are in linux-next.

Mostly -next will lag my tree by at most 24 hours.  During the period
beween the release of one kernel and the release of the other we don't
put code into -next that isn't intended for -rc1 of the current kernel
in order to help with stabalisation and merge but other than that you
will find the latest ASoC code in -next.