[alsa-devel] Wrong email in author-tag.

Peter Rosin peda at axentia.se
Wed Mar 16 13:17:59 CET 2011

Hi Takashi,

This is not really important to /me/, on /this/ occation. But I
thought I'd ask anyway as it seems strange that the author tag
ended up wrong. If it is a symptom of more errors, others may
care more. Personally I'm mainly wondering how it could happen, and
would like for it to not happen again (especially if I ever send
more substantial patches).

The commit e2e9566230 ALSA: AT73C213: Rectify misleading comment.
was first sent as a git patch [1] and then again amended with a
pair of other (seemingly) trivial comment fixes [2] (the amended
fixes were not commited for some reason).

Both patches were sent from my axentia account and both carried
signed-off-by tags using the axentia account. Yet the commit is made
naming my lysator account as author (the sign-off is still intact).

The patch that seems to have ended up being commited is [1], and
what I think has happened is that I used the lysator account
in the discussion following the 2nd patch, but I fail to understand
how the sender of that one message (or was it a few?) could "leak"
into the author tag.

I'm assuming it was just a silly mistake, I'm mearly pointing out
the mishap and understand that there is little one can do to fix
this buglet this late.

Cheers,
Peter

[1] http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2010-November/033550.html