[alsa-devel] [GIT PULL FOR 2.6.39] Media controller and OMAP3 ISP driver

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com
Mon Mar 7 14:38:24 CET 2011

Hi Mauro,

On Monday 07 March 2011 12:57:30 Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em 05-03-2011 17:48, Laurent Pinchart escreveu:

> Added both patches and folded them as requested, and added the remaining
> patches after my review. The new tree is at:
> http://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git?a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/med
> ia_controller
> The pending issues for merging it to the main devel branch are:
> 	- omap3isp private control description;

Still working on that, I expect to send it this evening.

> 	- a chapter describing how *MBUS* and fourcc formats are related;

This still needs to be discussed, there's no agreement on that yet.

> 	- a description about how to lock between MBUS/fourcc get/set format;

From Documentation/media-framework.txt:

"If other operations need to be disallowed on streaming entities (such as
changing entities configuration parameters) drivers can explictly check the
media_entity stream_count field to find out if an entity is streaming. This
operation must be done with the media_device graph_mutex held."

So it's already there :-) And the media_entity_pipeline_start() function makes
it easy to implement in bridge driver.

> 	- a renaming patch to make directory name and file names consistent.

Done. I've pushed the modified patches to the media-2.6.39-0005-omap3isp

The media-2.6.39-0004-v4l-misc branch has also been rebased to squash the
format documentation patches as you did in your tree. There's no need to pull
anything from it.

Laurent Pinchart