[alsa-devel] SBx00 Azalia ALC663 Working but MIC goes away

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Jun 28 15:42:05 CEST 2011

At Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:33:50 -0300,
Diego Jacobi wrote:

> I already sended this mail to this list ... many times .. but it gets
> bounced or wait for moderation. I find this annoying.
> I am attaching the files compressed now.

Thanks, but please don't cross-post both to alsa-devel and alsa-user.

> I tested the solution mentioned by Takashi.
> I have installed alsa-driver-kmp-default and restarted, but i found
>  the same behavior so, i didnt make more alsa-info files.
> However, i dont know what is "the right repository",

Did you read the Wiki page there?  There are detailed descriptions
there...

> i choosed "multimedia:audio:KMP/openSUSE_11.4"
> and also tested "multimedia:audio:KMP/openSUSE_11.4_Update" which
> provided the same file.

No, they definitely provide different files.  If you are using the
updated 11.4 kernel, use openSUSE_11.4_Update repo, in general.

> The file is installed in
> linux-i1zx:/home/diego # modinfo snd-hda-intel | grep filename
> filename:
> /lib/modules/2.6.37.6-0.5-default/kernel/sound/pci/hda/snd-hda-intel.ko

So the KMP module is *not* used there, thus further test results are
useless, unfortunately.