[alsa-devel] SBx00 Azalia ALC663 Working but MIC goes away

Diego Jacobi jacobidiego at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 05:15:06 CEST 2011

Thanks Takashi and Paul for your help.

It worked.

All the Front panel is working perfectly now.
Only my internal MIC is not working at all, but i dont care for it.

I had to follow the instructions from here:

http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Alsa-update#OSS_Kernel_Section_-_If_you_have_NOT_updated_kernel_with_security_fixes_GO_HERE_to_this_OSS_section

I didnt knew my kernel was updated, or didnt remembered and the
instructions provided are not very clear, too repetitive for almost
the same thing.

For the records:

search for the kernel-default in the software installer aplication,
and see under versions, if the repository is the OSS or the Updates.
If the second one, then do:

# zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/audio:/KMP/openSUSE_11.4_Update/
multimedia

# zypper install alsa-driver-kmp-default

# zypper rr multimedia

check if it is correctly installed with:

# modinfo snd-hda-intel | grep filename

filename:
/lib/modules/2.6.37.6-0.5-default/updates/alsa/pci/hda/snd-hda-intel.ko

Note: The update name of the repo, and the updates folder in the
kernel modules directory.

I dont know why we need to remove the repo, or if the updated driver
will be automatically updated on newer kernels or not.
But this update solved my issues.

Cheers.
I am unsubscribing now.

Diego