[alsa-devel] model needed for Clevo P150HM (Realtek ALC892)

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Jun 28 11:05:20 CEST 2011

At Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:03:34 +0200,
Julian Sikorski wrote:

> On 28/06/2011 09:12, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > Double-check whether you compiled really the right stuff.
> > The emulator works fine, so something wrong likely in your side.
> >

> > Takashi
> When I was asking for help how to build a different kernel tree and a
> fellow #fedora-kernel channel member offered to compile the stuff for
> me. The source RPM is here:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3164043
> Inside, you have alsa-fixups.patch and alsa-next_topic-hda.patch as an
> addition to the stock Fedora kernel. I looked into
> alsa-next_topic-hda.patch and it seemed like commit
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git;a=commit;h=3af9ee6b83c4c3f2577719e31e7d2af1ce996557
> was included.

That doesn't explain anything, and I can't help any more, sorry.
The single patch won't work unless you really carefully pick up all
necessary stuff.  You'd better to copy the whole sound/pci/hda/*
files from the very latest sound git tree.

Any reason you can't use git and build manually?
It'll save your time very much in the end.
With a modern PC, you can build the kernel in 10 minutes or so if you
edit kernel config beforehand.