[alsa-devel] Issues with HDSPM

Andre Schramm andre.schramm at iosono-sound.com
Tue Jun 7 18:51:02 CEST 2011

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 08:33:05 +0200
Adrian Knoth <adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de> wrote:

> > When switching to a PCI version of the card, the kernel completely
> > crashes on boot.
>
> We'd need a crash report. Best is to blacklist the kernel module, boot
> the machine and then trying to load the module, maybe on a console.

I will have access to the hardware again on Friday, I'm going to provide
some more details then. I was trying to set up a kdump environment, but
haven't been doing much kernel hacking yet.

> If need be, we can meet and fix the problem on-site, I'm living close
> to your place.

That would be great, we're heavily using the MADI cards. But maybe we
can figure it out online.

> > http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2008-March/006723.html
> > And with [2], there is another issue which unfortunately hasn't been
> > merged yet and still exists in the current release.
>
> Could you try this patch? (for your convenience, I've also attached
> it)

Thanks. A colleague of mine found this one and we used to patch it by
hand till now. But it would be great if this would go upstream. :)

Regards,
   Andre