[alsa-devel] Issues with HDSPM

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Tue Jun 7 14:48:02 CEST 2011

> i can switch to 192k no problem, but if i start jack while at 48k, i can
> only go down, not up. my guess is that i had a half-dead jack around
> when i tried to reproduce your issue. andre, can you confirm you do not
> have any processes running on the card when the problem occurs? i guess
> lsof /dev/snd/* might be useful...

There's an easier way to acquire this information:

   $ cat /proc/asound/default/pcm0*/sub0/status

If it reads "closed", then nobody is using the card, otherwise, there
would be an entry for owner_pid, thus preventing the card to change
clock modes outside the multiples of 32/44.1/48 (*1, *2 or *4 depending
on SS/DS/QS).

Ciao