[alsa-devel] Creative X-Fi Titanium HD ctxfi bugs 5378 5218 4868

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri Jun 3 17:44:32 CEST 2011

At Mon, 30 May 2011 21:22:07 +0800,
Harry Butterworth wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
>     I bought an X-Fi Titanium HD thinking it would work with the ctxfi
> driver but it is a new card and has a few differences from the earlier
> cards.  Creative technical support have been quite helpful in
> answering my questions.  This email is a heads-up to let you know that
> I'm doing some work on the driver.
>
>     I'm not finished yet.  In particular the PLL initialization still
> does not work reliably, the capture source selection is a bit broken
> and one of the ADC chips is being driven out-of-spec when the card is
> run at 192kHz.
>
>     I have attached the current state of my changes which are enough
> to get the Titanium HD card working but the patch shouldn't be applied
> because my hack at the PLL code and a couple of other bits may break
> existing cards.  I have been working against the ALSA 1.0.24 release
> so this is a patch against 1.0.24.
>
>     I'm waiting for creative to answer my questions about the PLL
> initialization and correct setup for 196kHz operation.  Once I get the
> answers I'll try to fix the issues and submit a cleaner patch.

Thanks for your work.  It's good to know that the model actually works
somehow indeed.

A few comment about the patch:

- Instead of adding have_dedicated_mic and have_output_switch
  callbacks in every place, I'd put some bit flags indicating the
  capabilities, and set at the initialization appropriately.
- A few easy coding-style issues; run scripts/checkpatch.pl and fix
  the errors appropriately.

thanks,