[alsa-devel] model needed for Clevo P150HM (Realtek ALC892)

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 15:36:50 CEST 2011

W dniu 2011-07-18 15:23, Takashi Iwai pisze:

>>> The last three numbers are pretty important, so check the HD-audio
>>> specification.
>>
>> The specification [3] says the last 3 are misc, default association and
>> sequence. So what I have now:
>> - misc: not sure here, since 3 out of 4 bits are reserved. 4th one
>> should be 0 though, since the port has jack sensing functionality.
>> - default association: 3, as the working jacks have that set to 3
>> - sequence: since the working lfe has it set to 0 (center/lfe) and f
>> (surround), I guess any value in between should work.
>> I am not sure if my reasoning is right though.
>
> The sequence number is the point.  The driver assumes that the pins
> are ordered as front/CLFE/rear/side.
>
> But, currently the multi-io assignment doesn't check the sequence
> number (because that number refers to the sequence of input pins).
> The extra channels are assigned in the order of widget NIDs (first
> from line-in pins, then mic-in pins).  Its logic assumes that there
> are at most two valid input-pins.
>
> That being said, you'd need to modify the driver anyway to make it
> working properly as I mentioned early in this thread, if a certain
> channel-map is required.
>

> Takashi
I see. I am afraid there is not much more I can do then - I am a
biologist and writing driver code is far beyond my IT skills.
In the meantime, I was able to run reconfig in runlevel 3, but assigning
  neither 0x0111103e nor 0x011111f0 to 0x17 produced any changes in
alsamixer output (which is expected in the light of what you wrote about
modifying the driver).
When it comes to volume control issue, under windows it is possible to
control center, lfe and side channels separately.

Julian