[alsa-devel] model needed for Clevo P150HM (Realtek ALC892)

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Jul 18 15:23:06 CEST 2011

At Mon, 18 Jul 2011 14:42:55 +0200,
Julian Sikorski wrote:

> >> I tried, but without much success [2] - I came up with 0x01111xxx, but I
> >> do not have enough understanding on what to put as the last 3 numbers.
> >
> > The last three numbers are pretty important, so check the HD-audio
> > specification.
>
> The specification [3] says the last 3 are misc, default association and
> sequence. So what I have now:
> - misc: not sure here, since 3 out of 4 bits are reserved. 4th one
> should be 0 though, since the port has jack sensing functionality.
> - default association: 3, as the working jacks have that set to 3
> - sequence: since the working lfe has it set to 0 (center/lfe) and f
> (surround), I guess any value in between should work.
> I am not sure if my reasoning is right though.

The sequence number is the point.  The driver assumes that the pins
are ordered as front/CLFE/rear/side.

But, currently the multi-io assignment doesn't check the sequence
number (because that number refers to the sequence of input pins).
The extra channels are assigned in the order of widget NIDs (first
from line-in pins, then mic-in pins).  Its logic assumes that there
are at most two valid input-pins.

That being said, you'd need to modify the driver anyway to make it
working properly as I mentioned early in this thread, if a certain
channel-map is required.