[alsa-devel] model needed for Clevo P150HM (Realtek ALC892)

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri Jul 1 09:14:50 CEST 2011

At Fri, 01 Jul 2011 09:07:47 +0200,
Julian Sikorski wrote:

> >> You need to figure out pins manually by yourself, then change the
> >> driver code.  I leave it as a homework :)
> >
> > :) I cannot write code, so I would not count on myself doing that. I
> > will have a look into updating the BIOS though.
> >
> >> thanks,
> >>
> >> Takashi
> >
> > Once again thanks for all the work you have done,
> >
> > Julian
> Hmm, I googled a bit and it seems the way to find the pins is to write
> values to user_pin_configs. So no coding knowledge seems needed, could
> you give me some pointers on where to start?

First off, read the HD-audio specification to understand what the values
represent.  Then, use hda-analyzer or manually via hda-verb, figure out
which widget corresponds to which I/O jack.  Compose the corresponding
pin-config value, and put it to the sysfs file.  A brief description
is found in Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio.txt.