[alsa-devel] hda : computer using EAPD as external amplifier controller

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Jan 20 10:07:55 CET 2011

On 2011-01-19 18:24, Anisse Astier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have this computer, with an integrated speaker. It's using an ALC662,
> see attached alsa-info output.
>
> By default, speaker doesn't work. Now, after playing a bit with
> hda-analyzer, I figured that output PIN 0x14 has EAPD enabled, which is
> the default way of doing things in auto configure mode. But disabling
> EAPD on this PIN makes speaker work. See second alsa-info attached.
>
> Is it necessary to write a full blown quirk just to modify this parameter?
>
>  From what I've seen in patch_realtek, it seems we need to write the whole
> config for the device when adding a quirk: we can't rely on auto
> configuration and then put a small quirk on top of that. Am I right ?

Perhaps this commit can give you some inspiration?

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=357f915ece53aa4c8759087888346145848ea753

...although Takashi just rewrote the quirking system a bit, so you'll
have to adjust to that when you add your (similar) quirk.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic