[alsa-devel] hda : computer using EAPD as external amplifier controller

Anisse Astier anisse at astier.eu
Wed Jan 19 18:24:48 CET 2011

Hi,

I have this computer, with an integrated speaker. It's using an ALC662,
see attached alsa-info output.

By default, speaker doesn't work. Now, after playing a bit with
hda-analyzer, I figured that output PIN 0x14 has EAPD enabled, which is
the default way of doing things in auto configure mode. But disabling
EAPD on this PIN makes speaker work. See second alsa-info attached.

Is it necessary to write a full blown quirk just to modify this parameter?

From what I've seen in patch_realtek, it seems we need to write the whole
config for the device when adding a quirk: we can't rely on auto
configuration and then put a small quirk on top of that. Am I right ?

Regards,

Anisse