[alsa-devel] Jack sense fails on Fujitsu p7120

Robin Neatherway neatherway at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 11:32:24 CET 2011

I posted regarding this issue to alsa-users, but haven't had any response.
I've come to the conclusion that I will have to modify the driver myself to
rectify this problem, so I would appreciate some pointers as to how to get
started with that.

Running Xubuntu 10.10 with Alsa 1.0.23

The sound chip is Intel HDA, ALC260. I have tried setting

options snd-hda-intel model=fujitsu

in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf, but this hasn't made any difference.
There is no "Jack Sense" option in alsamixer. I've also tried a couple of
values for fix_position.

I've tried following the ubuntu wiki pages for Intel HDA and sound debugging
in general, to no avail. When doing the jack sense test recommended on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ALSA/JackSense the two files generated with and
without the headphones plugged in were identical. This makes me think it is
a driver problem. I pasted the output of `cat /proc/asound/card*/codec*` at
http://pastebin.com/4NyvdsXf in case this is of any help.