[alsa-devel] jack-sense where is it?

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 02:02:45 CET 2011

2011/1/16 Paulo Silva <paulo.jnkml at gmail.com>

> This is because I have two headphone jacks and since I upgraded to 2.6.26,
> when I plug anything to the 2nd headphone the first gets muted.
>
> I think this is a jack sensing related bug, since the 1st jack is
> enumerated
> as "Front" and the 2nd as "Headphone" when in reality they are both
> "Headphone" 1 and 2.

if your notebook has dual headphone jacks and internal speakers,
this usually need special handling in hp_automute() function of your hda
codec since it depend on how your hda codec route the audio to dual
headphone jacks and internal speakers

you will need to study datasheet of your hda codec and hda/patch_xxxx.c