[alsa-devel] jack-sense where is it?

Paulo Silva paulo.jnkml at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 18:32:53 CET 2011

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so forgive me if
I'm making a mistake.

I'm trying to find where in the source of alsa kernel modules is the part
that enumerates the jacks (outputs) of the sound card.

This is because I have two headphone jacks and since I upgraded to 2.6.26,
when I plug anything to the 2nd headphone the first gets muted.

I think this is a jack sensing related bug, since the 1st jack is enumerated
as "Front" and the 2nd as "Headphone" when in reality they are both
"Headphone" 1 and 2.

If someone can give me a hint to where the code related with the enumeration
of the jack sensing is located, then I could make some tests myself. I just
want to save some work searching for it.

Regards,
paulo