[alsa-devel] ASoC SSP Driver Question

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Mon Jan 10 12:11:00 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:47:33AM +0000, Bensaid, Selma wrote:

Please:
- Always CC maintainers on mails relating to the Linux kernel.
- Configure your mail client to wrap lines within paragraphs to
  something less than 80 columns.

> I'm working on ASoC driver for TI WL1273 (BT/FM) using the Bulverde
> SSP from IPGEAR peripheral. I have seen that a pxa_ssp driver already
> exists however I'm not if we have to use it as is it and adapt our SSP
> PCI driver to Interface with the pxa-ssp, or can we propose an
> "intel_ssp" ASoC driver?

You can do any of those things that make sense.  Please make sure that
you coordinate your work with the other work going on on Intel platforms
- there's some drivers been submitted recently for the MIDs, and there's
more work coming on those.