[alsa-devel] Channel swapping issue on TI OMAP3/TWL4030

Jarkko Nikula jhnikula at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 09:28:33 CET 2011

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:58:35 -0500
ylin at mail.com wrote:

> > I have not experienced with channel swapping during capture..
> > It would help, if I know:
> > what is your kernel version
> > Source of the recording (digimic, HS, main mic, etc)
>
> We are using 2.6.32.  The source of the recording is using Analog Mic.
> The Left Main mic is always on, and Right Sub mic can be either on or
> off when this occurs.  We are not using AUX or digimic.

I was thinking is this 2.6.32 derived completely from Vanilla version or
only partially? I think I've seen some case where the kernel was forked
earlier and got upgraded to the upstream version only partially.

Even Peter told that those channel switching patches in 2.6.32 should
fix the playback case only, worth to check just in case are those fixes
in your kernel tree.

--
Jarkko