[alsa-devel] Copy ALSA buffer to the buffer allocated in my driver.

Daniel Mack zonque at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 14:25:18 CEST 2011

Please don't drop any addresses from Cc:, and please quote original
postings appropriately.

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 2:21 PM, `/ET!-i1S!-i <yethish7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The driver i am writing is purely virtual .
>
> The role of my driver is to receive the audio data played in the application
> program and stream it to remote system.

Over the network?

> For this purpose i need to copy the audio data from alsa buffer to my
> Buffer. I have no idea how this can be done. So i am looking for sample code
> to copy the audio data to my Buffer.

I'd bet there is no need to write any ALSA driver for this. You can
either use the ALSA plugin mechanism to achive this, or even some
higher level. PulseAudio for example allows seamless streaming over
the network out of the box.

Why are you confident that you need to write a driver?

Daniel