[alsa-devel] Copy ALSA buffer to the buffer allocated in my driver.

Daniel Mack zonque at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 14:08:55 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 2:03 PM, `/ET!-i1S!-i <yethish7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am writing my own alsa driver for playback application.1. I have no idea
> how to copy the alsa buffer to intermediate buffer (my Buffer) .
> 2.  I have taken dummy driver code as example.
> 3. Can anyone help me. What code has to be included in the dummy driver to
> copy alsa buffer to intermediate buffer.

Dude,

Clemens already answered your questions. There are also plenty of
drivers in the mainline kernel that can serve as an example. Unless
you get more specific about what you're planning to do, I doubt that
anyone can give you more specific help. What hardware is your driver
for, or is it purley virtual? What's the end application?

Daniel