[alsa-devel] cmipci surround sound front-left plays on lfe

Tom Corner tom.c.corner at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 10:10:47 CEST 2010

 I've been going around and around on this.  The surround sound 5.1 is
playing fine except channel 0 (front-left) is playing on the woofer.  I
have a Terratec Aureon fun - CMI8738-MC6. I can redirect the output on 0
to right-front successfully using .asoundrc and "ttable.0.1 1".  I have
gotten desperate and have tested this card in Windows and was able to
get it working right there. I have been using the file
www_lynnemusic_com_surround_test.wma through mplayer and speaker-test to
to test the setup. I am using pulseaudio, but I reconfigured my system
without pulseaudio and get the same result.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tom Corner