[alsa-devel] RME MADIface 192 kHz problem

Florian Faber faber at faberman.de
Thu Oct 21 16:10:58 CEST 2010

Fredrik,

> I have a problem running the RME MADIface card at 192 kHz. At that
> speed the number of channels for the card is reduced to 16. I can set
> the sampling rate to 192 kHz using:

The MADIface does not run properly with the stock hdspm driver. Most of
the controls are wrong and the FPGA is using a wrong base frequency.

> What is needed to get this card running at 192 kHz?

A working driver :)

http://wiki.linuxproaudio.org/index.php/Driver:hdspe

There you can also find a version of hdspmixer that works with 64 channels:

http://wiki.linuxproaudio.org/index.php/App:hdspmixer_64

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key DA43FEF4          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net