[alsa-devel] USB asynchronous mode feedback format

Julian Scheel julian at jusst.de
Thu Oct 14 13:32:37 CEST 2010

Am Donnerstag, 14. Oktober 2010, 13:16:12 schrieb Daniel Mack:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 01:01:52PM +0200, Julian Scheel wrote:
> > >
> > > Can you send oscilloscope screenshots? Which data format are you using?
> >
> > Sure, attached you see a capture while running speaker-test to generate a
> > 1khz sine wave on one channel. (Blue: BCLK 1,536MHz, Yellow: LRCLK:
> > 48kHz, Green: I2S data)
> > If you want to see more/other captures just let me know what you need.
>
> The dump doesn't show whether the LRCLK is symmetrical, iow, whether the
> low phase of LRCLK has the same number of BCLK cycles as the high phase.
>
> But if that's the case, the signals do indeed look alright. Maybe you
> need the configure the codec to this format?

LRCLK is symmetrical. I use the modules from twistedpearaudio
(http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/digital/metronome.aspx,
http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/digital/cod.aspx) because this saved me some
time designing a PCB for now...
They are configured through DIP switches - and I think correctly. For the SRC
the settings are:
OWL0,1,2: 0, 0, 0
OFMT0,1: 1, 0
MODE0,1,2: 1, 0, 0
IFMT0,1,2: 1, 0, 0
BYPASS: 0
LGRP: 0

What I am actually wondering about is, that the SRC produces some output even
when the input is null. Attached is a picture of this case. I did not measure
the BCLK this time.

Regards,
Julian