[alsa-devel] Headphone jack and auto-mute of speak output

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 15:43:42 CEST 2010

2010/10/7 Davyd McColl <davydm at gmail.com>

> Good day
>
> I'm new to this list (though I've done some searching, I'm sure I could
> have
> missed something), so please bear with me.
>
> I filed a bug report recently against Ubuntu with respect to the problem
> I'm
> experiencing (as per the subject: jacking in my headphones doesn't mute the
> speaker output) and was informed that the decision had been made upstream
> as
> a design intention. I was linked off to:
>
> http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2010-August/030071.html
> with respect to the thread on this topic. I'd like to raise it again
> though,
> perhaps as a configurable feature, for the following reasons:

Enable auto-muting in model=auto only for devices with HP and speakers.

http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-kernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=2a2ed0dfc9ec44a899c7d4672f73f2c045099118;hp=299f293b3428ae6d73406642cd7d41f08d524c83

if the bios set your laptop 's speaker as line out , you need to implement a
new model for your laptop ,

model=auto assume the bios had already correctly setup all the pin complex
of your computer