[alsa-devel] Auto-muting line-outs?

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Tue Aug 3 09:53:45 CEST 2010

I'm getting bug reports from downstream about auto-muting not working,
and when looking at some of them I find that the reason is that they
have a headphone + line-out combination instead of headphone + speaker.

Looking at commits such as 2a2ed0df, this is intentional. I'm not sure
what the majority of users want or expect in this case though, of course
the users who like it the way it is, aren't raising their voices. :-)

Anyway, for users that really want auto-muting for their line-outs,
would a suitable workaround to recommend them, be to tweak
user_pin_config, turning the line-out into a speaker-out, or would that
have undesirable side effects?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic