[alsa-devel] Need expert's advice - Fast Track Ultra (8R) dropping samples

Felix Homann linuxaudio at showlabor.de
Fri Oct 1 13:00:05 CEST 2010

I guess the right place to fix the issues mentioned in my original post
is in snd_usb_init_substream() in urb.c:

         case USB_ID(0x0763, 0x2081): /* M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R */
             subs->ops.prepare_sync = prepare_playback_sync_urb;
             subs->ops.retire_sync = retire_playback_sync_urb;

I've tried combinations using the _hs and _emu versions of the
retire.../prepare... functions. It either didn't change anything or made
it worse. I guess we need  _ftu versions.

Could somebody at least tell me how to find out what's exactly going
wrong with the sync. Can I find something useful monitoring the urbs in
Windows?

Please, help me. We're so very close to full support of these devices,
but I don't know how to proceed.

Thanks in advance,

Felix