[alsa-devel] Channel swapping problem on Atmel SSC audio

Patrick Ziegler patrick.ziegler at fh-kl.de
Fri Nov 12 09:06:10 CET 2010

Am 11.11.2010 13:27, schrieb Alan Horstmann:
> On Wednesday 10 November 2010 22:49, Ryan Mallon wrote:
>
>> I'm working on a custom board using the AT91SAM9G45 processor and a
>> TLV320AIC26 SPI attached audio codec using I2S format audio. When doing
>> audio playback on the board the left and right channels are occasionally
>> flipped.
>>
> <snip>
>

>> Has anybody else had this problem, or does anybody have any AT91/Atmel
>> hardware that they could test to see if it occurs on other hardware also?
>>
> I have worked with the AT91SAM9260 on a project which is currently suspended
> (other priorities), where we had a simiar problem, with a codec on SPI.
> Every time audio was started (capture or playback) the channels could be
> swapped.  Solving that issue remains TODO when we restart.
>
> There was a thread on alsa-devel last month 'Soc Atmel SSC stereo problem'
> with some suggestions.

In the thread mentioned, Alan proposed me amongst other things to test
the LRCK level before starting the SSC. This works well for me. Maybe it
should be implemented in a more generic way but the following
modification does the trick for me.

in function  atmel_pcm_trigger inside file sound/soc/atmel/atmel-pcm.c :

case SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_START:
+while(!at91_get_gpio_value(AT91_PIN_PB12));
+while(at91_get_gpio_value(AT91_PIN_PB12));

case SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_RESUME:
+while(!at91_get_gpio_value(AT91_PIN_PB12));
+while(at91_get_gpio_value(AT91_PIN_PB12));

Patrick

--

Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Patrick Ziegler

University Of Applied Sciences