[alsa-devel] Channel swapping problem on Atmel SSC audio

Alan Horstmann gineera at aspect135.co.uk
Thu Nov 11 13:27:09 CET 2010

On Wednesday 10 November 2010 22:49, Ryan Mallon wrote:
> I'm working on a custom board using the AT91SAM9G45 processor and a
> TLV320AIC26 SPI attached audio codec using I2S format audio. When doing
> audio playback on the board the left and right channels are occasionally
> flipped.

<snip>

> Has anybody else had this problem, or does anybody have any AT91/Atmel
> hardware that they could test to see if it occurs on other hardware also?

I have worked with the AT91SAM9260 on a project which is currently suspended
(other priorities), where we had a simiar problem, with a codec on SPI.
Every time audio was started (capture or playback) the channels could be
swapped.  Solving that issue remains TODO when we restart.

There was a thread on alsa-devel last month 'Soc Atmel SSC stereo problem'
with some suggestions.

HTH,

Alan