[alsa-devel] Modifying the AD193X driver and integrating with the Blackfin platform

Adam Rosenberg adam at alcorn.com
Sun Jun 27 15:34:16 CEST 2010

I see that Liam just modified the code (bf5xx-ad193x.c) that I was
looking at modifying to add support for the CS42448 CODEC.  I would
like to understand the architecture of the ASoC and Blackfin TDM PCM
driver that it uses because I need to enable the secondary data lines
to support multiple chips.  Where can I find the documentation for
this code?

If I want to integrate this code into the uClinux-dist-2009R1.1-RC4
distribution, is it simply a matter of copying the files in
"[linux-2.6-asoc.git]/sound/" to the linux-2.6/sound directory for
uClinux?  Or is it better if I git clone linux-2.6-asoc and move my
custom board development files there?  Is there a driver installation
guide somewhere that I can read about this?

I am concerned that the official Blackfin distribution
(http://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/download/frsrelease/473/7285/uClinux-dist-2009R1.1-RC4.tar.bz2)
will not be compatible with the ASoC distribution
(git://opensource.wolfsonmicro.com/linux-2.6-asoc).  Can you tell me
if there are any differences between these?

To sum up:
1.  Where can I find the ASoC documentation?
2.  Is there an installation guide to use ASoC with an existing Kernel?
3.  What are the differences between the wolfsonmicro.com
linux-2.6-asoc and blackfin.uclinux.org uClinux-dist-2009R1.1-RC4?

Thank you,
Adam

Adam Rosenberg
Software Engineer